Microneedling and PRP
How Microneedling with PRP Works
This therapy is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment with quick recovery time, and is designed to stimulate the body’s natural collagen production. The treatment actually involves the use of two procedures, micro-needling and PRP (platelet rich plasma) done consecutively.
The first procedure is called Micro-Needling. A small hand held, automatic device that contains tiny micro-needles is passed over the skin creating tiny micro-wounds, or channels, on the skin. During the body’s natural wound-healing process of these channels, collagen and elastin are automatically produced.
PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
The second procedure is called PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). Platelet Rich Plasma is produced from an individual’s own blood. After a blood sample is obtained from a patient, the blood is put into a centrifuge, which is a tool that separates the PRP from the blood. The blood is spun for approximately 15 minutes.
Medical Spa Treatments
PRP contains highly concentrated amounts of natural growth factors and other cytokines that promote the regeneration process of soft tissues. The PRP is applied directly to the channels that were created from the micro-needling to further stimulate the natural healing process and creation of collagen.
After the treatment, your skin will be slightly pink and feel slightly sunburned. For most people, your skin will completely recover in 24-72 hours. Your body’s collagen production usually takes about 4-8 weeks, so you will continue to see improvements over this time.
- Initial Consultation
- Procedure Time: Approximately 60 Minutes
- Sessions Required for Optimal Results: 3+ (4 Weeks Apart)
- Recovery Time: No Downtime – Slightly Pink Skin for 24-72 Hours
WHAT IS SKINPEN?
SkinPen by Bellus Medical is the only microneedling device in the world cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up.
With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment – and step out with confidence.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Microneedles trigger the body’s natural skin remodeling process that increases epidermal thickness, stimulates the extracellular matrix, and reduces inflammation. Translation: Microneedles by Bellus Medical fool your body into sending more restorative collagens and elastin than the area needs. That, when used with our post-procedure protocol Skinfuse®, improves your appearance more than is strictly necessary. Much more.
90% Would Recommend SkinPen to Friends and Family
The World’s Only FDA-Cleared Microneedling Device 3
Come One, Come All
Works for 99% of People
Little to Zero Downtime
HOW IT WORKS
The SkinPen Precision system is the only Class II, FDA cleared microneedling device legally marketing in the U.S.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
20 N Tarragona St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
At Still Waters Day & Medical Spa, it is our personal goal to be our customer’s first choice for all their spa needs by focusing on delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We know the value to the mind and body of being still. We chose the name Still Waters because we love life most when we take time out of our busy lives to be still and enjoy the healing benefits of water.